Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Literary Journey

One of my goals this year is to read two books each week. I’ve hit that goal so far, but feel like I’m flying through books and not savoring them before jumping into the next one. To help retain more of what I read and get more out of each book, I’ve decided to start this blog to force myself to slow down and reflect before moving on. This will also help give me a record of what I’ve read, and since my reading plan for the year follows along with my travel plans, I can use it as a travel journal too. I’m going to England in October and am determined to read as much English history and literature before then. Since I have my Master’s in English focusing in traditional studies, which was primarily English literature before 1900, I’ve read a lot of the literature already, but I want to go back and re-read items we might have rushed through in class or just read excerpts in an anthology, read new books by authors I like, and fill in a few blanks. I’m also reading with a different point of view, making notes of places I’d like to make sure to visit while on my trip. I know that’s really nerdy, but I’m okay with that. :) After all, my love of English literature is why I want to visit England so much anyway. So, here’s my literary journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment