Friday, December 30, 2011

TBR Challenge

One last challenge to join! I decided to go for Adam at Roof Beam Reader’s TBR Challenge. I’m already doing C.B’s TBR challenge of reading only books I own until April, but this challenge is to read 12 books in 2012 that have been on my TBR shelves for longer than a year. Sadly, this is a ton of books! I could take the easy way out and use books I’m already planning to read for other challenges, but where would the fun be in that?  Since many of the other challenges I’m participating in involve classics, I’m going to make this one more fun and focus on lighter reading. I’m also going to try to pick books that have been on shelves for many years rather than ones I just bought a little over a year ago.


Here’s my list:

1. Snow Falling on Cedars by David Guterson

2. Winter Garden by Kristin Hannah

3. The Queen of the Big Time by Adriana Trigiani

4. Fortune’s Rocks by Anita Shreve

5. Drowning Ruth by Christina Schwarz

6. The Book of Ruth by Jane Hamilton

7. Prodigal Summer by Barbara Kingsolver

8. The All True Travels and Adventures of Lidie Newton by Jane Smiley

9. A Girl from the South by Joanna Trollope

10. Interview with a Vampire by Anne Rice

11. Icy Sparks by Gwyn Hyman Rubio

12. Gatsby’s Girl by Caroline Preston

Alternates:

• The Poe Shadow by Matthew Pearl

• A Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood

No comments:

Post a Comment