Monday, April 9, 2012

Bloomsday Readalong

I'm clearly insane. I've decided to sign up for Delaisse's Bloomsday readalong. On June 16, I'll be joining her and other brave readers as we attempt to read Ulysses on date the book takes place. I'm hoping we can make it back to England and on to Wales, Ireland and Scotland in two years, for our 10th anniversary. Our anniversary is June 19, so I thought we might be able to schedule it so we're in Dublin on June 16 and then maybe the Lake District on our actual anniversary. So, I of course have to actually read Ulysses by that time, and this seems like a good time to do it. If I don't manage to finish it that day, my plan is to just keep reading and finish it up that week. Want to join in? Have you read it? Any tips for making sense of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment