Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Teaser Tuesdays


I decided to try out Teaser Tuesdays, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.
I'm currently reading The Politically Incorrect Guide to The Founding Fathers by Brion McClanahan. Here's my teaser:
"Lee conceded that parts of the Constitution were sound, but without a bill of rights and strict limitations on government, the people would be subject to the worst evils of power."
Sorry to burst your bubble Richard Henry Lee, but the bill of rights and the 10th amendment didn't save us from that. As a libertarian, I'm appalled by the insane growth of government that BOTH Obama and Bush are doing/have done. It's crazy. I can't imagine what the founders would think today. Too bad we don't appreciate their ideas and distrust of government and emphasis on state government. The teaser did make me excited to get to the chapter on Lee though.

No comments:

Post a Comment