Saturday, January 2, 2010

My Favorite Books Read in 2009

Here is my top 10 list of my favorite fiction books I read this year and my top 5 non-fiction books. I tried to stick with just the books I read since starting my blog in April, although I included one from earlier because I did read his other two books after I started blogging, and the first one was definitely his best so I wanted to list it.

Best Fiction
1. The Girl Who Stopped Swimming by Joshilyn Jackson
2. The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie by Alan Bradley
3. Chang and Eng by Darin Strauss
4. Rereading all of Harry Potter
5. The Patron Saint of Liars by Ann Patchett
6. The Last Dickens by Matthew Pearl
7. Handle with Care by Jodi Piccoult
8. Those Who Save Us by Jenna Blum
9. Atonement by Ian McEwan
10. Heartburn by Nora Ephron

Best Non-fiction
1. The Know It All by A.J. Jacobs (read before I started blogging)
2. Stolen Innocence by Alissa Wall
3. Arguing with Idiots by Glenn Beck
4. Two Princes by Alison Weir
5. Real Education by Charles Murray

No comments:

Post a Comment