Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Four-Month Reading Challenge

Okay, so I knew this reading challenge thing was going to suck me in. I've signed up for two more challenges. They both allow crossovers from other challenges, so I might be able to count some books for both challenges, but I'm not going to go out of my way to do that.
The first challenge is a four-month challenge running from Nov. 1, 2009 to Feb. 28, 2010.

Here's the challenge, and a few books I've plugged in that are already on my to-be-read list or things that came to me as I looked at the categories. I'm such a nerd. I can't believe I'm this happy about discovering these things.

5 Point Challenges
Read a book with a proper name in the title – Chang and Eng by Darin Strauss
Read a book about a queen or king – The Six Wives of Henry VIII by Alison Weir
Read a book by or about/related to a Bronte
Read a book about Vampires - Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris
Read a book by V.C. Andrews – Flowers in the Attic
10 Point Challenges
Read a book by Canadian author – The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie
Read a book by or about/related to Charles Dickens - The Man Who Invented Christmas
Read a book set in France - French Milk by Lucy Knisley
Read a book by Georgette Heyer
Read an ‘art’ themed book. – The Girl with the Pearl Earring
15 Point Challenges
Read a book with a Civil War theme (any country) The Killer Angels
Read a book with characters inspired by King Arthur or about King Arthur/Camelot – The Crystal Cave
Read a biography/autobiography – Stolen Innocence by Elissa Walls
Read a book related to or something by Shakespeare –
Read a book by an author born in November, December, January or February – Mrs. Dalloway by Virginia Woolf, born Jan. 25
20 Point Challenges
Read a book with a wintery theme (Christmas, snow, ice, freezing, star, camel, mistletoe, etc.)A Christmas Carol
Read a book that was a winner of the Pulitzer Prize for Fiction – Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout
Read a book that begins with A and one that begins with Z - Arguing with Idiots and
Read a book from The Modern Library Top 100 – To the Lighthouse by Virginia Woolf
Read a book and then write a review – The Guinea Pig Diaries by A.J. Jacobs

160/250 points

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure you'll get like a million points! I need a good book to read. I reserved some new books at the library but then they weren't ready before I had to leave after Colton's storytime yesterday!

    ReplyDelete