Saturday, April 10, 2010

Book score/soundtrack mini-challenge

I Just Wanna Sit Here and Read is hosting a mini-challenge on book score/soundtracks! I'm currently reading The Ladies' Paradise by Emile Zola. I think the perfect soundtrack for this book is Money (That's What I Want).

Here's a video clip of it in my favorite movie, Empire Records:


The Ladies' Paradise is about shopping and the growth of the department store in Paris in the nineteenth century. The last chapter I read featured a huge sale where a half a million francs of items were sold in one day. So, this song seems quite appropriate. Actually, the fact that I used the clip from Empire Records is even more appropriate, but both the movie and the book are about the little shops trying to take on the big guys. That's kind of funny. Look for my full post on The Ladies' Paradise to come soon!

1 comment: